Friday, October 14, 2011

Washington D.C-MLK Dedication is in full effect!

So...today is the day I head out to Washington D.C. with the youth from my church. We are going to the dedication of the Martin Luther King Jr. Monument on the National Mall. How cool, right? I'm a chaperone for three girls ages 10-13 so it shouldn't be so bad. I think its so critical that they be there and witness such a special occasion. I know they know who Dr. King is but to see that and witness the full dedication will be a memory that they will keep with them for life. We plan to tour the national mall and more than likely to visit the Smithsonian. I'm excited for this as I haven't toured D.C. in such a long time it will be like a new experience for me as well. I'm also excited that our wonderful President will be doing the dedication himself along with other phenomenal names being present. This will be one for the books for sure. Keep us in prayer as we travel there and back. Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment