Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day Two

So.. today was all about really evaluating what you like and dislike in your life.

*What I like about my lifestyle? I love that I'm married but still active in the social scene. I'm not as active as some but I think that I have a pretty good balance of spending time with my husband alone and with others as well as with just the girls or alone. I try to make sure I read often to keep my mind stimulated but I also enjoy television which can be toxic for me. The good thing is I can separate reality from the fantasy world.
*What I dislike about my lifestyle? I'm not so sure I really dislike anything. Perhaps I should cut down on my TV time, that's one thing. Also, I'd love to be able to spend more time with couples. We have found it difficult to find couples that we can actually do things with from time to time .Other than that I'm pretty content with my current lifestyle.

*What do I like about my work? I love that I am employed, point blank. I am able to earn an income in corporate america as well as earn money doing Mary Kay and event planning.
*What I dislike about my work? I dislike that I still work for someone else and I dislike that I work with people who tend to not take their job seriously and half do their jobs.

*What do I like about my education? I like that was able to get a higher education studying international business and that I am constantly studying and reading to gain knowledge on multiple things. Learning is something I am very passionate about.
*What do I dislike about my education? The only thing I might dislike is that I haven't gone back to school to pursue a Masters degree...but, its not something that is really on my list of things to do.

*What do I like about my finances? I like that I have some and I am better at money management than I've ever been.
*What I dislike about my finances? I dislike that I don't have more and that I have spent the last years out of college paying off unecessary debt that I accumulated in school. I dislike that it has taken me long to get it together financially.

*What I like about my health?I like that I am mentally, spiritually and physically stable. My spiritual health improves daily along with my mental health. I am working on being physically healthier. I am thankful to God that I am alive and well everyday and able to do the things I love. I don't take either of them for granted.
*What I dislike about my health? I dislike being heavier but it is something I am working on and thanks to God I see results. I am learning to love my body and the more I learn to love it the more He helps me get it in better shape. My mind, body and soul are alright!!!

*What I like about my family? I love the fact that I have a family that is close.I have plenty of family members that I can call on when I need them. I love that my family gets together on holidays and reunions but also random meet ups as well. I love that we can pray together and grow together. I love having my own family now with my husband and my new daughter. I can only imagine what it will be like when I actually become a mother.
*What I dislike about my family? I actually don't dislike anything about my family. If I had to say one thing it would be that I'm not a mother yet however I know that everything happens in God's time.

*What I like about my relationships? My current friendships and marriage are pretty solid. I love that. I've spent the last few years trying to make sure that I rid myself of toxic people and thankfully I've been able to do that. Most of my friendships have survived some major storms and that I am grateful for. What's the point of keeping the ones who disappear when the weather gets bad. My marriage is solid, we love each other to life and can come to each other about anything. We are an evenly yoked couple and that's blessed!
*What I dislike about my relationships? currently nothing.

So there... this is me and where I am today on these topics 10-20-11.

Grateful, Blessed beyond Measure and Happy... you can be too!
~the gorgeous dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment